Skip to main content

GLAMITURE #2 - SHINY BROKEN PIECES

TITLE: SHINY BROKEN PIECES
AUTHOR: SONA CHARAIPOTRA & DHONIELLE CLAYTON
PUBLICATION: 2017
PAGES: 284

*DISCLAIMER*
THIS BOOK IS A DUOLOGY THE FIRST IS TINY PRETTY THINGS... I SUGGEST READING IT FIRST BEFORE READING THIS.
This book was one of my favorite "must reads" so far. This book is set apart from other books because the non-glamorization portrayal of the unlikeable heroines. There is backstabbing, savagery, and lots of tears. This book allows you to see this and see them make the decisions they make, and how messy they get. This book is full of rawness. The character development of this book is spot on and the book itself does a excellent job of making you feel like you are in NYC and dancing with others. 
I enjoyed the character switches in this book, making you feel different things and different feelings/emotions for the character you first hated in the book. I also liked that this book dealt with various real life issues such as: anorexia, bulimia, inappropriate relationships, crimes, etc.
I am still wondering if ballet is as competitive and whether or not the dancers are actually as bad as they are portrayed in the book - because honestly its kind of scary. 
This book however, did leave you with unanswered questions, and that I did not like. I would have liked to know if there was point to certain things/events that happened. I would have liked to know if June got better and continued getting better, was she still with her boyfriend? 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GLAMITURE # 6 - BRIGHT YOUNG THINGS

*DISCLAIMER: THIS IS BOOK ONE IN A THREE BOOK SERIES* TITLE:  BRIGHT YOUNG THINGS (BOOK #1) AUTHOR: Anna Godbersen PUBLICATION: 2010 PAGES: 389 RATING: 4.5 Bright Young Things follows the story of three young adult girls, Cordelia, her best friend Letty and Astrid during the 1920's era. I love this era and was very excited to read this book. What I enjoyed most was the way Anna switches back and fourth between each character, but it isn't "jumpy" like some books so it flows well. Anna doesn't announce that each chapter has a new voice which continues to follow the lives of the three girls and how they interact with each other. Each of the characters voices is unique and shares a different side of this bustling era. Cordelia and Letty are from OH (Ohio) and find themselves in NY. Cordelia came to find the father she has never known and Letty to follow her dreams of being a dancer/singer. Astrid and Cordelia quickly hit it off, as Astri...

GLAMITURE #7 - VAMPIRE ACADEMY (BOOK ONE)

*SIX BOOK SERIES* TITLE:  VAMPIRE ACADEMY AUTHOR: RICHELLE MEAD PUBLICATION: 2007 PAGES: 340 START DATE: 12/24/17 FINISH DATE: 12/28/17 RATING: 5 I decided to read and start this series to get out of a reading slump because of book that ended badly.. I was skeptical at first about reading it and here's why: this is a book that is loved by almost every YA reader out there, its had fans from the beginning which therefore made it one of the most hyped up books, and if you know ANYTHING from my blogs, I don't really do hyped up books because of the fact that some people don't like what I do, and my other reasoning because I thought this was twilight type story, and lord know how much I HATED twilight with a passion, not that I didn't attempt to try and like twilight...I was surprised though, this book was far from anything like twilight it was more "mortal instruments" style than anything, in my opinion and it kept my attention ...

GLAMITURE #4 - See What I Have Done

TITLE:   See What I Have Done AUTHOR: Sarah Schmidt PUBLICATION: 2017 PAGES: 328 This book is a MUST read.. I read this book in literally 2 days! I hardly wanted to put it down. I have been intrigued with Lizzie Borden and couldn't wait to read a fictionalized story about her, this authors take is beautiful. The book started out slow as it just jumped right into Lizzie finding her father dead. It gave no insight or history on Lizzie Borden. I didn't know if I was going to be able to deal with the events leading up to the murders, this book really didn't cover that but only covered the days leading up to and after the murders. This story is told from 4 different view points; Emma (Lizzie's oldest sister), Bridget (The Irish maid, Benjamin (A total stranger hired by the Borden girls uncle with nefarious intentions), and Miss Lizzie Borden.  The writing on this evocative, even for having "realized" spelled wrong. There's a lot of imagery (...